Electrical Engineer – VES Power Electronics
Location トロイ, ミシガン州, アメリカ合衆国
SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE.
This position is part of our Signal & Power Solutions segment, Vehicle Electrification Systems business unit.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer-Power Electronics that will be located in either Troy, MI or at our new facility in Carmel, IN.
This position is a critical electrical engineering role within our recently formed Vehicle Electrification Systems group focused on delivering technical breakthroughs, industry leading products, and commercial success through our power electronics investments.
As one of the first electrical engineers on the team, you will play a key role in the design of our first product. Your design will ensure that our products have a unique selling proposition that lives up to the strategy and stand the test of time. You will be at the heart of every design decision and advance not just your skills, but the power electronics field.
Through system integration and innovation, we strongly believe that there is an opportunity deliver more power electronics performance, efficiency and value as OEMs develop their next generation EV and PHEV offerings to fulfill consumer demand that we can further accelerate. With your experience, we will execute this vision and make it happen in the very near term.
- Own start to finish development of the electronics - from specification to design, prototype, reliability validation and high-volume manufacturing.
- Collaborate with mechanical, PCB layout, and firmware engineering teams to successfully to design, validate and manufacture products that meet the necessary requirements.
- Architecture and modeling of new power on board charger topologies that achieve higher levels of performance than what is currently in the market and under development.
- Support to internal and external design resources when appropriate (e.g. PCB layout, software development, other engineers, test laboratories, simulations, etc.)
- Support the program’s Chief Engineer with internal and customer technical communications.
- Support product development, such as documentation of hardware requirements in order to develop products that meet customer design requirements.
- Analyze, simulate, perform verification testing and documentation on analog and digital circuits to support Power Electronics circuits, power supplies, intelligent HSD or LSD driver circuits, I/O signal conditioning and filtering circuits.
- Prepare and/or review technical drawings, specifications of electrical components, systems.
- Apply computer-assisted engineering design software tools and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Apply theoretical and practical knowledge of electrical engineering in laboratory environments to verify, validate and improve product designs.
- Support multi-disciplinary design groups related to packaging and mechanical design of electrical components.
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years’ of Tier 1 automotive supplier or OEM experience in power electronics product development from ideation to high volume production, plus relevant software, and semiconductor experience.
- Deep understanding of power electronics vehicle integration, testing, software development, and functional safety developed through experience.
- Proficiency with basic EE tools (Oscilloscopes, Network analyzers, Signal Generators etc.).
- Experience working with three phase power (240Vac to 480Vac) and DC voltages up to 1500V.
- Experience with design and troubleshooting of circuit board and power stage design for high voltage power electronics systems based on IGBT or SiC MOSFET.
- Experience determining electrical and thermal stress of power electronics components.
- Experience simulating circuit and physics models, using tools such as PLECS, Simulink, COMSOL, ANSYS.
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications):
- MSEE or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and/or relevant on-board charger cutting edge research.
- Power Electronics product design experience.
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards including ISO, IEC, ASPICE and others.
- Working knowledge of automotive serial data protocols (CAN, CANFD, J1939, Flex Ray) and tools (CANape, CANalyzer, CANopen, etc.).
- Knowledge using DFSS and DFx practices: Manufacturing, Test, Repair, Quality, etc.
- PCBA and Final Product Testing experience.
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Parental leave, etc.)
About Vehicle Electrification Systems:
VES, or vehicle electrification systems combines Aptiv’s high voltage wiring, charging, connection systems and power electronics capabilities under one tight nit, but expanding team. We are focused on providing OEMs with complete solutions that solve their most complex integration challenges as they develop their next generation of electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles.
Some see differences. We see perspectives that make us stronger.
Diversity and Inclusion are sources of innovation and creativity, both of which are essential to Aptiv’s success. Everyday our diverse team comes together, drives innovation, pursues solutions, and meets challenges using their unique abilities, perspectives and talents, changing what tomorrow brings. When you join our team, you’ll get encouraged to think boldly, express your viewpoint and innovate as a matter of habit.
Some see technology. We see a way to make connections.
At Aptiv, we don’t just see the world differently; we work to change reality. That means developing technology that rewrites the rules of what’s possible in the pursuit of making transportation safer, greener and more connected. Today there are more than 180,000 of us globally, located in 44 countries, and united by one mission. Join the movement and together, let’s change tomorrow.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
注目の求人 / 最近見た求人 / 保存した求人