Wire Harness Systems Engineer
Location トロイ, ミシガン州, アメリカ合衆国
Wiring Harness Systems Engineer
Direct Report to: Engineering Manager
• Perform duties for Aptiv as a Systems Engineer (SE) to support the electrical wiring harness development for Automotive OEM.
A Systems Engineer is responsible for wiring harness design development, pre and post production launch issue tracking, engineering change coordination, engineering change documentation management, participating in vehicle pilot and launch build events, and supporting wiring harness validation testing.
Wire Harness Design Development
- Act as a wiring harness circuit system developer for a particular harness family or families on a vehicle program.
- Harness design development involves studies of the entire vehicle electrical system topologies, and sub-systems topologies for optimized design and complexity.
- Create robust and optimized designs and develop changes that will improve quality, cost, and customer satisfaction. Includes addition of splices, grounds, terminals, seals and other supplier value added information.
- Direct design proposals through review of systems data in customer and Aptiv DEF environments.
- Assure Aptiv and customer specifications are being designed into and are met by the final product during pilot and production phases.
- Validation test plan development
- Vehicle build verification prior to pilot/production events
- Review Warranty information post launch to identify design continuous improvements.
Pre and Post Production Launch Issue Tracking
- Record and report to internal Aptiv and external customer engineering teams on individual harness issues.
- Communicate status of issues on a regular basis to engineering team to assure resolution is moving forward in a reasonable timeframe.
Engineering Change Coordination
- Support vehicle level meetings, where component wiring systems issues are discussed with cross functional teams to find common resolution. Includes meetings to discuss harness partitioning, complexity, options content, Inline development and other critical development areas.
- Communicate the design changes and potential implementation timing to downstream users including but not limited to internal wiring harness manufacturing plants, and external vehicle manufacturing plants to obtain buy-off and begin change implementation process.
Pilot and Launch Build Support
- Support both Prototype and Production Launch build events per contractual requirements with customer.
- Support rework of wiring assembly when required to address quality or engineering issues
- Responsible for supporting all vehicle build events, conducting root cause analysis and corrective actions on circuit design issues, design errors and/or manufacturing quality issues.
Support of Wire Harness Validation Testing
- Support Harness Validation activities on the vehicle program per contractual test specifications.
- Aide in development of project specific validation plans, Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis, and Design Validation Program and Report plans. These plans will address both Design Validation (DV) and Production Validation (PV).
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages
- · Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- · Learning and development opportunities
- · Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- · Recognition for innovation and excellence
- · Opportunities to give back to the community
- · Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- · Relocation assistance may be available
Some see differences. We see perspectives that make us stronger.
Diversity and Inclusion are sources of innovation and creativity, both of which are essential to Aptiv’s success. Everyday our diverse team comes together, drives innovation, pursues solutions, and meets challenges using their unique abilities, perspectives and talents, changing what tomorrow brings. When you join our team, you’ll get encouraged to think boldly, express your viewpoint and innovate as a matter of habit.
Some see technology. We see a way to make connections.
At Aptiv, we don’t just see the world differently; we work to change reality. That means developing technology that rewrites the rules of what’s possible in the pursuit of making transportation safer, greener and more connected. Today there are more than 180,000 of us globally, located in 44 countries, and united by one mission. Join the movement and together, let’s change tomorrow.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
注目の求人 / 最近見た求人 / 保存した求人